Wednesday, July 27, 2011

God Has Called My Name

Before I had an abortion, I thought, "That will never be me. I am pro-life. And there is always a way." I judged the people I knew had had abortions, just like I am sure many of you reading this are doing now. (Especially those of you who know me and have figured it out by now who I am. )"Anybody who could ever do such a thing is heartless, and I don't care what they say. If you regretted it so much, you wouldn't have done it," I thought. Oh ya. I even told people when I found out somebody had an abortion. I didn't realize how hurtful that was. What a trigger that was to someone who truly Loved their Baby, but reacted regretfully in such a situation. After my abortion, my sympathy for everybody changed. Not just for those that have had an abortion. But for those who were homeless. Those who actually kept their children, but didn't have money to feed them. Those who were hurting for any reason. I thought, "I make mistakes, and so does everyone else. Nobody is perfect. And God Loves us all." I really wanted to do something to make a difference. I now had the compassion that I needed to help others. 
 
That is when I realized. God used Lucy to call my name. God used Lucy to stop me in my tracks and bring me down a level. I was not indestructible or perfect, nor would I ever be.


God, hear my prayer. Lead me to where I need to be. Show me the road to recovery so that I may show others. Abortion is an awful loss that too many women have endured. Help me not to fight it, as there are enough protesters. Show me how to prevent it. And show me how to help those who are already suffering from the painful scars abortion leaves behind.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment